Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fixing Up

I have a new flat mate, and like my previous one, he's also into fixing up spaces, hanging things and bringing in plants. I looked at my sad little room and thought, dang.

I roped brother Mahar into the problem, and asked him for his advice. It was a very helpful conversation. My favorite part was when he quoted Martha: "Nothing says college dorm room more than exposed clothing." That made total sense to me and goaded me to act.  And this is why the both of us trooped off into SM and bought a dark wooden cabinet. I can't wait for the SM folk to deliver and assemble the thing this Wednesday. If I'm in a good enough mood, I might even post a photo. Tonight I will also be sleeping on new sheets that are color of mango and pistachio ice cream. Ha ha.

Mahar has a bunch of friends in the theatre world who are into building sets and said that they would probably love to come paint my room a nice blue color. All I need to do is buy a large pizza and maybe a box of Krispy Kremes. Good deal.

* * *

Partially because I felt that it would jinx things, I did not blog here that R, my previous room-mate had left for a job in HK, and that I would be looking for a new flat mate. I have a new one now and things are going pretty okay. He likes to eat fruit, run, and is not psycho. Do you guys know how rare that is to find in this city?

* * *

So many people seem to be in this part of town these days. More on this in the future. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mia, Angel and I are on. We expect pizza. :P

Mahar

wonderspeller said...

yes. v. rare to find normal roommate. i swear.

- l.