Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dad's Bday

It's difficult to maintain more than one blog. Different audiences, sensibilities and purpose. I have started doing some writing and podcast recording for a blog called Urban Exchange. It's a different experience from the quiet that I experience here in Urban Fervor. For one thing, that blog is more heavily promoted. There are links on our Facebook walls. There are discussions about improving the site layout, and future topics of discussion for podcast. It is definitely fun and interesting. It doesn't lend itself though to much rambling or introspection. Perhaps just the short cut variety that is palatable to many others.

* * *

It was my dad's birthday this weekend. He is 67. I couldn't help think that it's a fortunate thing that he is still up and kicking, since this past several weeks, 3 people I know lost their fathers. They died from various ailments. The history that is such in our family is that our men don't suffer lingering illness. They just keel over.

For birthdays and celebration, I use the occasion as an excuse to try out a new recipe. I tried to make Waldorf Salad. It didn't taste as good as I expected it to be. I believe it is a function of the recipe, which made it not too interesting. I was able to practice making mayonnaise however.

* * *

No comments: