Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Murphy's Pub Quiz Night

It's not hard to find me on a Tuesday night. Murphy's Pub Quiz Night has become such a stable part of my week's routine, that friends know better than to schedule movies or dinner on Tuesday. Occasionally, work colleagues inquire on Wednesday mornings how our team did the night previous. The past few months Quiz Night has taken on a new texture, because regulars, such as our team, increasingly share space with younger teams.

For the most part, our team, a namesake of this blog, is comprised of a couple of late twenty-somethings and early to mid thirty-somethings. The "new blood" are early to mid twenty-somethings, and it's always fun to see these new faces. Our (obnoxious?) team has a new audience, and usually there will be at least a couple of familiar faces across the room. Soon we might have a real Cheers scenario on our hands.

* * *

I've started feeling useful again. The previous weeks I had be contributing very little by way of answers to the quiz questions. Last night, I was able to contribute more, and the teammates were as always appreciative.

There was a some fuss last night (and I admit I was a party to this ) over the attendance at quiz night of a certain wholesome basketball player from Ateneo. And sue me for almost gushing, but it did make the proceedings a little cooler.

* * *

A couple of weeks ago, two of our team members came up with the questions for the quiz. We received a particularly hilarious answer to a question about fashion.

Question: This Filipina fashion designer designed the wedding gown of Britney Spears. Clue: think pawnshops.

Answer: Tara Tambunting.

Edited to include the correct answer: Monique Lhullier.

2 comments:

wysgal said...

Tara Tambunting? Haha, I'm sure being the one checking answers is entertaining in itself. =)

fabian said...

I'm going to edit the post to give the real answer. Ha ha.