Monday, February 8, 2010

We started walking at Legarda

I did a walking tour of Manila yesterday, on a Sunday. Not Celdran's. Not Man Dy's. This guy is rather new at it, and we're the guinea pigs. 

1. The LRT 2 Line (Santolan-Recto). Therapeutic on a Sunday. Sometimes you need to see our city not very noisy.

2. San Sebastian Church. There are worse places to get married. I had forgotten the interior was kick-ass. It's probably the nicest in the whole Metro Manila.

3. Baluarte San Andres in Intramuros. The view of the city from there is great. 

4. Believe me that there are views of the Pasig river that do not look bad at all.

5. Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila (PLM) in Intramuros has a great facade. 

That said, I would not go to most of these places on a weekday. 

On a Sunday afternoon, take a train to Manila and go somewhere old. It's good for you. 

6. We had drinks at Cafe Adriatico. The place is still okay. :)

* * * *

Oriental Park at Circle Inn near Quezon Avenue is now a branch of Le Ching. WTF. Sorry, I hate this fast food type resto. It offended me at Techno Park also. ByeBye OP. You must have been there for some 40+ years.



No comments: