Tuesday, July 20, 2010

White Cow

I noticed that in some of my blog entries, I use the words, "I hope. . ." or "hopefully" so and so will happen. Some things we cannot predict, right? Some things we do not know if it will happen. Even things that we know should happen: a friend showing up, an exam passed. . .we know how the world works. I think that if I even deign to put it into words -- the world will conspire against it happening. So don't count your chickens. . .don't say what will be, coz things have a way of just not being.

* * *

On that happy note, I will share the events of today. I didn't go to work for the morning because of an emergency of having to bring my sister to the hospital for hyper-acidity. The MMDA cop stopped us on the way there, for a ridiculous traffic violation I will not get into. I merely got a verbal warning because my sister (deliberately?) cried in the front seat. That was my opening to say: sir, we have a medical emergency in our hands.

* * *

There's this milkshake place called White Cow in Southgate Mall and my Quiz Night friends are converging there in an hour so we can drink milkshake. It's a stone's throw away from our regular haunt -- 121 Allegro Bar. It's quiz night tonight.

* * *

In other things to be thankful for, my flat mate told me that if getting someone in by August is going to be a bitch, then he wouldn't mind flying out a little later. Paying for the August is not a big deal, much. Thank you thank you.

* * *

No comments: