Sunday, May 1, 2011

Times are a Changin -- I couldn't help it

An important talk this Friday which has given me a bit more focus on what I would like to do at work. This is vital given the back to back week of work meh-ness. And not a moment to soon as I am part of another important raised profile project. These are all important for me.

I watched Thor with Mahar, Kage and last minute addition Maf. The movie was very entertaining and C. Hemsworth was cast perfectly. We repaired to Chilis -- without Chris -- after the movie to drink margaritas and eat (too much) nachos.

The next day met with Namee and Poch at the market. There is a new stall next to Nams's that sells good looking carrots and meat from grass-fed pasture roaming animals in Bukidnon. Marketman made mention of this in his blog. I ate some lunch with N&P and made a few plans for a Pinatubo trek on the 14th (you can come with me if you want).

Another dental appointment with Dr. Karl, and he didn't scrape too much my gumline this time. So now I'm on a flossing trip. I'm going to have to consult an oral surgeon soon though since I have an impacted molar that is going to have to go before it causes trouble to the adjacent teeth.

Then it was time to go to cousin Ludwig's party at SGT. It was a nice place and nice to see my cousins and uncles/aunts from that side. Had a great early talk with Lud, got to talk some business stuff with Uncle B, spoke with Auntie Myr, Vange, Yvette, Elizabeth, Uncle Freddie and also Grace and Hannah. And Jeff and Marian, of course and we got Princess to do her voice-over for us. And other relatives I forgot to mention.

Killed time at the flat before meeting with Vin and others at break party in a bar near the park. I almost didn't go coz I couldn't figure out what to wear. If you want me to definitely go to your event/party/show please help me dress for it.

It was a late rise and some great breakfast stuff that I ended up eating for lunch. Mahar dropped me in Makati. Did a few errands, went for a run. But not before passing by the office for about 2 hours to get a head start on Monday. Boss saw me working this late afternoon.

And now I'm just here, having decided initially to watch Pulp Fiction but deciding against it.

Found myself smiling at the off-beat way Arcade plays Brazil. It is a rare thing for music to make me smile. But I think it's coz I just don't pay attention most of the time. I should write and listen to music more often. It's good to hear that Glenn has decided to actively check-out and listen to what music is current.

No comments: