Friday, August 13, 2010

The Farm

After the euphoria of the Wed Night proposal, I couldn't merely stay inside on Thursday Night. I asked Kage to meet up perhaps for a drink. She asked me, if I would like to spend some time at "The Farm" instead.

* * *

Kage has been talking and tweeting about this place she visits regularly. Some people think that she's taking long rides to Tagaytay, but really, she's just going to a good friend's house in San Lorenzo. It's about a 5 minute walk from the edge of Greenbelt 2.

The backyard is huge. The once upon time pool now contains aruwana. The other animals who live here are a rescued turtle and a Jack Russel. This place grows micro-melons (!), cherry tomatoes, peppers, basil, and other herbs I forget about. The backyard has four bee hives, in boxes. This place harvests honey for goodness sake.

The main area of the house is an open area that serves as living/dining room kitchen cum play area, garden tools, gadgets, lego, books, blow torches. It's a bachelor pad of Iron Chef meets Mythbusters meets Clean House.

* * *

There's Detox, which is one way of describing of how I like to eat some days, and there is Retox, which describes how we ate that night. It takes effort to make some retoxificating food. It's not just about a bag of chips and a lot of alcohol. White bread + butter + processed cheese + processed ham + honey is good retox food. This is something you may want to feed a starving man. But imagine someone making a 'croute', baking in a turbo broiler the same ingredients I just described but making layers of it, then topping the whole pan with four fresh eggs. Ridiculous.

* * *

We talked a lot and laughed around the table that night. Now it makes me think that I will want to start entertaining at my place. That's part of the reason why today, I'm going to buy a table/chairs. We're going to need more places to sit.

No comments: