Thursday, August 12, 2010

Quiz Night Proposal

I have to get in an entry on one of the most epic quiz nights ever, if not the most. Prior to last night, the biggest thing that ever happened to quiz, I would say, is the walk off battle between Maynard and Verge in 121 Allegro Pasong Tamo. This my friends has since been topped by the surprise marriage proposal by Phil to his girlfriend Mia at Capriciossa in Connecticut, Greenhills.

 I was sitting next to Mia as Phil read out the quiz "question". People started cheering and clapping to the ultimate question of the night: Mia, will you marry me?

It was just so right. I felt privileged to had been there and seen it up close. This is how proposals are done. And the fact that it was shared to so many at one time, made it very special. The question now is: how is this going to be topped next Wednesday?!?

Congratulations to two amazing people: Phil and Mia.

* * *

Yesterday also was the birthday dinner of good friend "Diva". Oil-fest. Chicken Rice. Lechon. Jap Chae. Crepe cake with chantilly. Mango Torte. Diva's salad was the only thing that could even begin to neutralize things. :)

* * *

Augusts seem to be eventful in Manila. August-September 2009 was tragedy after tragedy. The stars perhaps are aligning different for our city this year.

* * *

Things seem to be going well with my new flatmate.

No comments: