Friday, August 6, 2010

The Winds That Blow


Thought I'd put a photo today -- something calm. This was taken earlier this year in Concepcion. It's a river very near which passes around our farm.

Last night, I went with Sim to a not very calm party. Annual AMCI (mountaineering) acquaintance party. The theme was "service". Everyone was dressed as someone who would provide service: Starbucks barista, butcher, taho vendor, construction worker, delivery boy, masseur, mamasan. I went as a painter. The party was held, as usual, in Pedro's warehouse in Pasig. Special guest performers were Lady Gagita and Flush and the Toilets. Yes, sometimes I go to these types of parties.



One jamaican patty, pinch of lechon, two beers and two vodka sprites later, I was in an ok buzz. I met a number of the 2KX batch, and they were interesting. I'm not sure yet though about how they handle alcohol. For one thing, a few of their do-able guys ended up making out with some seriously mingen girls. I could only guess this was 'coz they were beyond smashed. I had a serious mis-read that night -- someone I had a 'vibe' from, ended up doing the MOMOL mid-conversation. . .okay, I guess some things cannot wait. Another thing, just before we left to head back to Makati, Sim and I witnessed a bit of a shouting confrontation just outside the warehouse. Drama.

* * *

Today it is clean-up day and moreso than the usual. New flatmate coming in this week, and everything has to be ready. I did mention that it was a Japanese guy right? There's a spot where the rice cooker will be placed.

2 comments:

wysgal said...

Today is apartment clean-up day too! Good luck to us both. =)

fabian said...

I have a reader!

Is your clean-up day something regularly scheduled or is there special reason?